It’s no secret that cleaning the bathroom isn’t my favorite task.
Let’s face it; bathrooms are inherently kinda gross. But somebody’s gotta do it and there’s no reason why we can’t make bathroom cleaning a little more enjoyable! Are you with me?
I love Mrs. Meyers bathroom products because a) they smell great and b) they aren’t tested on animals! Be super careful when purchasing cleaning products because believe it or not, most companies still test on animals. Crazy, right?
Start by grabbing this free Bathroom Basics Kit of Mrs. Meyers hand soap + lotion + tub & tile cleaner + Grove Collaborative walnut scrubber sponges from Grove Collaborative! (U.S. only.) Then come back here for my tips to make cleaning the bathroom a little more fun.
- Make it a game: Cleaning the bathroom always feels like it takes forever, but you’d be surprised how little time tasks actually take. This sounds super lame but sometimes I will honestly set a timer and see how quickly I can complete each task. It only me takes one minute to wipe down the counters and sink — and makes a huge difference in how clean our bathroom feels. Easy peasy!
- Buy cleaners that smell fantastic; nice smelling cleaners go a long way toward making the bathroom cleaning experience more pleasant. I actually look forward to using this Mrs. Meyer’s tub & tile cleaner — it cleans effortlessly and smells so fresh! I’m using the lemon verbena scent right now, but I’m looking forward to trying the lavender next time around. The best part is there are no harsh fumes, so I don’t have to hold my breath while I’m scrubbing the bathtub.
- Squeeze in a workout: We all know there aren’t enough hours in the day. So why not combine a few of tasks on your to-do list? Even though the bathroom is a small space, I always end up breaking a sweat when I’m doing a full floor and tub cleaning. It’s all squats and lunges, am I right?
- Clean while you’re in the shower: I love hot showers and could spend all day in there. So while I’m enjoying the water, I give the shower walls and edges of the tub a quick scrub down to keep them clean. It makes cleaning the bathroom a lot less painful (and is a pretty productive use of water!). I stash my Mrs. Meyer’s tub & tile and Grove Collaborative scrubber sponge on the ledge of my tub as a reminder. The Grove sponges are perfect because the non-abrasive scouring side gets into the grout while the soft side gets the metal faucet and handles nice and shiny.
- Listen to an audiobook: Playlists are a great way to pump yourself up when you’re cleaning. But lately I’ve discovered that listening to audiobooks while I’m cleaning is a great way to catch up on reading that I wouldn’t otherwise have time for. I usually get so into it that the time flies by. (Podcasts too!)
- Treat yourself: Beautiful soaps, hand lotion, or a bouquet of flowers are a nice reward for all your hard work. These Mrs. Meyer’s soaps and lotions are a super luxurious treat — no artificial scents here, just essential oils!
Bonus tip: Speaking of ways to make cleaning more fun, skip the grocery store and stock up on supplies from Grove Collaborative instead. Grove delivers the best natural household products from Seventh Generation, Method, Mrs. Meyer’s and more right to your door, on your schedule.
I used to hate running to the store for dish soap or toothpaste, but now I look forward to my monthly shipment from Grove. It feels like a present for me, but it actually helps me stick to my budget! Grab your free kit and try Grove Collaborative now.
As always, shoot me a message with any questions you have about Grove! Happy cleaning!
P.S. I’m a proud partner of Grove Collaborative so I get a small commission when you place an order using my link, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping Hashtag Vegan stay alive!0