As always, let me know if you try this recipe by tagging me @hashtagvegan and using #hashtagvegan on Instagram so I can see your creations!
A big thank you to New Barn for sponsoring this post! Recipe and opinions are 100% my own, and I only work with companies whose products I genuinely use, love, and recommend. For more info, check out my full disclosure here.
For the animals,
Jalapeno Corn Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds gold potatoes chopped into roughly 1-inch cubes
- 1 + 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup corn kernels raw, cut fresh from the cob (about 1-2 ears worth)
- 2 jalapenos de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup New Barn Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter
- Place chopped potatoes and 1 teaspoon of salt into your largest pot and add enough water to cover the potatoes by an inch.
- Bring to a boil, then cook on low-medium heat until potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. (Better to overcook than to undercook in this case!)
- Add corn kernels and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain potatoes and corn.
- Add potatoes back to the warm pot and immediately add diced jalapeno, almondmilk, vegan butter, and the other teaspoon of salt. Stir with a wooden spoon so the warm potatoes melt the butter.
- Using a masher, large fork, or immersion blender (on low), mash or blend mixture until it reaches the desired consistency. (Don't over-mix, or use a high powered blender or immersion blender for more than 30 seconds. No gluey potatoes welcome here!)
- Serve and enjoy or let cool, refrigerate, and enjoy within a week.