Fall is here and I’ve officially switched over to whiskey as my autumn drink of choice. I recently bought a bottle of Leopold Brothers Apple Whiskey which I have confirmed from the brand is vegan-friendly and has no sugar added! (Beware of yucky apple whiskeys which are made with artificial flavors and no real apples…) So, here it is, my first autumn cocktail of the season. Enjoy!
AUTUMN APPLE WHISKEY COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 oz apple whiskey (If you can’t find apple whiskey, try regular whiskey and muddle in some fresh apples beforehand. Use apple cider instead of whiskey for a virgin version.)
- 1 oz organic orange juice
- 1/4 oz ginger juice (I use juice by the Ginger People | affiliate link – or make your own!)
- 1 oz rosemary simple syrup (Bring 1/4 cup vegan sugar, 1/2 cup water, and 3 rosemary springs to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Let stand for about half an hour and then remove the rosemary.)
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 dash of cinnamon
Get out your cocktail shaker and shake until the metal is frosty. Strain, serve neat and garnish with few slices of apple and another dash of cinnamon if desired! Or if you prefer a lighter drink, serve over ice and top with some club soda.
Pairs well with:
- cozy socks
- cuddling by the fire
- a long day of work
For the animals,